Most women’s discussions on vaginal health are a strictly private business, too sensitive to be in the public domain. But the reality remains the same; every woman may encounter some vagina related challenges at some point in their life. The simple reason is that, just like any other part of your body, the vagina may also have its function disrupted due to improper care or infection.
Vaginal odor is one of such common problems. If you have probably been paying close attention to your vagina, you would realize that it gives off some smell at times, even with proper care – this is normal.
A slight odor may be caused by sweat, urine spills, and vaginal secretions. You may also experience some slight odor during your menstrual cycle and usually after a sexual act. Other dietary decisions can also cause temporary odor changes, all of which are very normal. With proper hygiene practices like taking showers regularly, using the right underwear, cleaning the vagina after sex, and maintaining proper menstrual hygiene, you can quickly clear the odor. However, what is not normal is when your vagina emits a strong offensive smell regularly. This abnormal odor is a significant concern and might signal an underlying infection that must be treated immediately.
It’s time to break free – let’s take a look at some common vagina problems and how to get rid of them once and for all!
What Are the Signs of An Abnormal Vaginal Odor?
An abnormal odor may show at least one of these signs:
- A strong smell which is usually fishy or offensive
- An enduring and persistent odor even after washing down
- Vaginal discomforts, such as itchiness and burning sensation
What Causes Abnormal Vaginal Odor?
- Bacterial vaginosis: This is usually an imbalance of naturally occurring vaginal bacteria growth. It is a common cause of vaginal odor accompanied by a discharge with a fishy smell and sometimes burning sensations during urination.
- Trichomoniasis: An infection that is sexually transmitted causes foul-smelling vaginal odor accompanied by a yellowish discharge, itchiness, and soreness when urinating.
- Yeast Infection: A common fungal infection of the vagina, which causes inflammation, vaginal itching, and swelling of the vulva. It emits a thick white discharge, which may be very offensive.
Cervical cancers may also cause vaginal odors but in rare instances.
How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor?
Let me quickly mention that knowing the cause of your vagina odor determines the remedy you adopt. While some can be treated with regular vaginal hygiene practices, including frequent showers and proper menstrual hygiene, those caused by infections require treatments. So if you are ready to break free from vaginal distress, then V Bliss is your best solution.
V-Blissful Solutions provides natural soothing remedies to all vaginal related infections. Our all-natural vaginal care products help ease discomfort associated with yeast infections, bacterial infections, vaginal odor, itchiness, dryness, and irritation. V Bliss Soothing Relief is a yeast infection remedy, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial natural product that eases irritations and soothes vaginal reactions to chemicals. It contains essential oils and vinegar to help balance vaginal pH too.
Grab a V. Bliss Soothing Relief today to clear all your vagina pain and discomfort.